The Classical Studies "UAB" -- that is, Undergraduate Advisory Board -- is a student group which meets most Thursdays, 6–7pm in the Classical Studies Lounge (second floor of Cohen Hall).
We do several things:
- Serve as a liaison between students and faculty, attending department meetings to advise on the curriculum and other issues.
- Organize events including: movie nights, play-readings, "faculteas", "favorite pages", Certamen, and the NSO Toga Party.
- Produce Discentes, the department's student magazine.
- Serve as peer-advisors in the MAP (Major Advising Program), speaking with students interested in majoring or minoring in Classical Studies.
- We collaborate with the Undergraduate Chair in organizing information sessions on such topics as study abroad, Senior Research Papers, and applying for graduate programs.
- We help to plan the department's Senior Colloquium every April.
To get involved, please contact the undergraduate chair, Prof. James Ker, to be added to the list and get connected!