Beyond coursework, Penn has a lively culture of discussion and exploration in which you can get involved:
- The Classical Studies Undergraduate Advisory Board is a student group which organizes events and projects throughout the year.
- Students can contribute to (or edit!) the department's undergraduate magazine, Discentes!
- The Penn Museum offers internships, summer excavations, and volunteer work for museum-guides (through the Clio Society). See this recent write-up on Clio, and let us know if you're interested in being involved.
- The Classical Studies weekly colloquium on Thursdays at 4:30 (preceded by espresso and cookies at 4:00) features visting speakers as well as Penn Ph.D. students and faculty presenting their research. See also the Friday AAMW archaeology talks (free lunch at noon) and other weekly events listed by the Center for Ancient Studies.
- The Penn Manuscript Collective is an undergraduate organization that works on rare books and manuscripts in the Penn Library.